Thursday, August 20, 2009

Music

Good Morning All!!!



I turned on the radio this morning on the drive into work, and realized that 100.9 were just static so I tuned in to 91.1. I was surprised by a K-Love announcement on the radio. I knew that there was going to be a change, but I didn’t think it had happened yet, it seemed too soon!!!



Music is one of God’s gifts to His children!! Music is a mode of worshipping our Heavenly Father, Psalm 100:2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. It is also mood altering, 1 Samuel 16:16 Let our lord command his servants here to search for someone who can play the harp. He will play when the evil spirit from God comes upon you, and you will feel better."



There have been times in my life wherein I am “out of sorts”. I am not really frustrated, irritated, happy, sad, mad or glad, I just don’t know what is bothering me I am just bothered!! Music is a tool that I can use (besides prayer) to help God quiet my soul, and bring me back from “botheredness”. It is a great way for me to express what is in or on my heart, and work through it, especially when I am not sure what was laid there.



It is also a great way to spend time together as a family – my boys and I enjoy our time listening and chatting or doing chores with our favorite CD’s playing. Usually the louder the better!!!



These are a few good songs that not only have a catchy tune, but have a message to motivate me to continue pressing on for God, following Christ, with the Holy Spirit and all God’s children!!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrAafe7Mns



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3-d_IrMm9A



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwZ7Ekg080



If you are not able to spend time with God in His word in the morning, then maybe beginning the day with a good worship song and singing with thanksgiving will help get you started!!



Have a Blessed day!!!!!

No comments: