Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Psalm 26

I have really enjoyed reading the Psalms in the King James version, when you read them out loud you can almost hear the underlying music to each one. I also think it is fun to try to understand some of the words which Americans don't use any more.

Begin by re-reading verses 1-3. The NIV paints a little different picture to me.
1 Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the LORD without wavering.
2 Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;
3 for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.

Vindicate me = Judge me
walked in integrity = blameless life
sliding = wavering
Examine = test
prove = try
reins = mind

I know that these are not exact definitions of these words, and especially if we compare them to Hebrew. I am thankful that God gives me the desire to press on this path He has placed me on!!

The Holy Spirit helps our hearts grasp the true meanings of Scripture. This is why I love using the different versions - The Holy Spirit uses them to give me a little more insight into a passage, which paints a clearer picture for me to visualize, then leads to an opportunity to apply God's principle in my life, and solidifies His message into my heart!

Thank You Holy Spirit for opening up my mind and heart to understand what God wants me to absorb and apply today!!!

No comments: