Thursday, June 17, 2010

Psalm 27:4

4One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

What an inspirational verse!! What is one thing that you have desired?? It could be anything, a specific car, vacation, job, spouse, house, education, etc. What could it be that you actually begin modifying your thoughts, proirities, schedule, venues, friends, spending habits, etc. to attain this one thing??

I just learned a very interesting difference between a goal and a desire. A goal is purely based on your own efforts. The example given was about loosing weight. I may have a goal for myself to loose excess weight but to reach this goal I will have to watch what I eat and begin exercising regularly. Now my desire if for Jordan to loose weight too. I am unable to make those choices for him and monitor his progress on a moment to moment basis. So I am unable to attain this desire through my own efforts.

What is absoultly wonderful about desiring more of God, is that He desires a deeper relationship with me too!!! As a result, I am able to not only desire to dwell in His house, but He has come along side me to help me seek it out - so my goal to learn more about God, spend time with Him, and position myself to grow closer to Him are all things that I am able to activly seek and attain!!! This journey is a mutual relationship that just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: