Thursday, June 17, 2010

Psalm 28:7

7The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Who has ever been through a desert season?? They are not necessarily bad experiences, but it is hard to maintain a positive attitude and hopeful momentum when you feel like you are walking around in circles.

One very important part of my recent desert journey is that it allowed God to remove me from all the hustle and bustle of the city which is just brimming with people to meet and encourage toward Christ. As a result of this removal, God was able to unearth an event that has turned into a cancer that has been festering within me for almost 20 years. Through this desert time, God and I have been able to reconnect on a deeper level and He has blessed me with glimpses of His plan for my life!!! That is totally worth walking around in circle for!!!

The process of spiritual surgery is quite frankly scary!! I honestly feel like a frog being dissected. This cancer, like all cancer spread into other areas of my life without my knowledge or permission!! I believe that God has removed the source of the infection, it has been brought to light and God is now working on removing any infection that has spread. Once it has been removed, God washes the area with His love. He pours into me so that spot is no longer full of infection, but it is not left empty either, it is full of Him!!

In any surgery, there is going to be recovery time before being 110% again. I think I have come out from anesthetic and already I can feel God is working toward restoration!! I am so very thankful to be one loved daughter!!!

No comments: