Friday, April 9, 2010

Psalm 23

Six little verses, but so much power and meaning packed into each one!! Each one is brimming with love, tenderness, strength, and compassion that my Abba wanted me to know!!

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

God has provided everything that I need, and given me things that I didn't even know that I would enjoy - through it all He has remained faithful and encouraged me regardless of my worldly circumstances!!

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

I can honestly say, at this moment, as I begin down a new path with my Abba, that He has blessed me with peace and assurance that He will not leave me, and as a result of His mighty presence with me, I am not fearful of the journey!!

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Paths that are created by God to bring me to a point wherein I am just raw with emotions as He carefully and lovingly takes my brokenness, my sin, and my life into His perfectly beautiful strong hands and just begins loving me through confession, guilt, repentance, grief, and finally He begins healing me. Through each of these times of my life, my relationship with God has deepened and He continues to encourage me to grow closer to Him and seek refuge within Him until He strengthens me to the point of ministering to His daughters!!

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

What does the valley of the shadow of death look like in your mind? To me it is a typical horror flick scene. Darkness encompasses a forest, trees look like they have evil faces, the branches of the trees look like monstrous arms ready to catch me. I look down at my feet and the ground is full of jagged rocks ready to cut me as I fall from a twisted ankle. The path in front of me looks like it disappears from the density of the forest. We wont even begin talking about the noises the forest makes!!
Jesus is the Light of the world and He is with me. Things don't look half as scary with the darkness removed!! And since Jesus gave me some weapons, watch out creepy things making noise in the distance!!! I always feel empowered when I envision this!! Plus Jesus trusts me with a big stick - most humans wouldn't!! LOL!!

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

So now I get a banquet table in the middle of this mess I got myself into and God is leading me out of...my enemies get to watch me enjoy what is on the table and I am able to truly enjoy it. God then blesses me by anointing me with oil, my cup overflows (Of course it does - I could never contain the joy God gives me!!)

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

AMEN!! I don't ever want to leave Your Holy Presence!!!

No comments: