Friday, April 23, 2010

Psalm 24:1-10

I love how this Psalm begins!! Reminding us of God's Awesome power and attention to detail by creating the planet that we call earth. God is in all the complex weather systems rain (that keep filling our fresh water resources), sun (which provides light and warmth) , glorious wind (reminds me of the Holy Spirit), changing seasons with winter a time for rest, spring excitement with new buds, summer for continued growth and fun, fall for harvest!! With these narrow examples God is able to nourish and nurture all that He created for His divine purpose.

Isaiah 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

This is a tangible way for us to see God working around us. God takes much better care of us - His children. I do suggest that you read all of Isaiah 55 Invitation to the Thirsty, one of my favorites!!

Back in Psalms, verses 7-10, the phrase "Lift up your heads" has been laid on my heart. What are the things that have us hang our head low, and just curl up in a ball? Anxiety, distress, failure, excessive responsibility, shame, incorrect perception of others or ourselves, fear, grief, etc. God wants us to lay these burdens at His feet and hold His little girl in His strong gentle hands!! To just love me completely, utterly washing me over with His peace and filling me to the brim with His strength and wisdom!!!

A few weeks ago, God began knocking on an area of my heart that has remained locked, sealed, sunk to the bottomless pit of my soul. Only He could retrieve this box!! Only He knew it was there! Only He knew how much it was really affecting me (regardless of what I was telling myself, or showed others)! Only He wanted me to be free of this shame! Only He wants me to grieve and heal from it!! Yesterday, I let Him in. Only my Abba could hold me together as I literally was weak from raw emotion. Only my Abba wants to lift my head so that I can look at Him in the eye and truly see how much He loves and forgives me!! The level of comfort and compassion was unfathomable and I know we have only started!!

No comments: