Monday, September 14, 2009

Fear of the Lord!

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10 KJV

What does it mean to "fear" the Lord? Majority of first thoughts would probably resemble being scared. This is kind of fear is no way near the definition God intends for His children to comprehend.

Fear is like an intense love that goes beyond the human boundaries and limitations that we establish. My desire to please my ABBA goes so much further than my human response to loving my dad! This love from God doesn't waver either, it is consistent. Humans have a tendency to rely on their feelings thus that is how they treat their loved ones. Not the love that God has instilled in us!! Feelings do not apply!!

It is almost like being a pitcher that springs a leak. God continues to pour love in me to the point of overflowing, but He doesn't turn off the faucet!! Then because I am not invincible, I spring leaks and His love begins flowing through me to those around me!! Pretty Cool!!

We are aware that the more time we spend with a person, especially one that is easy to love/like/get along with, the more we open up and become vulnerable with them, and in turn they do the same. This is where friendships truly begin! When 2 people are at a point wherein they can honestly learn about each other on a completely deeper level.

Our relationship with God is the same way. The more time we spend with Him, the more we allow ourselves to be vulnerable with Him, the more we allow ourselves to fall in love with Him, the deeper our relationship goes and grows!!!

Do you crave time with God? I can honestly say that I do!! and I have even posted a Big Brother Bear at the cave door to make sure I get that time!!!

Love you All!!!

No comments: