Monday, September 21, 2009

Resisting

James 4
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

What do these verses mean to you? To me they remind me of the wonderful power God has granted me access to when my human limitations are worthless...through my weakness He is able to shine through and His strength is revealed!! God gets all the glory, because there isn't any possible way that I could have conquered on my own!! Which brings God's Awesome power and knowledge to the front of my mind so that I am able to submit to His commands - because He is faithful, trustworthy, and in control of my life!!

Submission is not a bad thing - if it is done God's way!! What does Scripture say about submission? It is surrendering to God's authority. Matthew 11 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I gladly turn to Him for His perfect insight, guidance, comfort, and direction when facing life on this planet!!!

No comments: