Monday, September 28, 2009

Weary?

Galatians 6: 7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

How many of us get so tired with the busyness of our schedules and almost get to the point where you don't want to do anything at all? i am one!! I run a lot, and my boys come along for the ride. Our nights are filled with friends and activities (normally church, Bible study, fellowship, meeting with a lost one, encouraging a sister in Christ, etc). I know where and when God calls me to serve, these meetings are from Him and I need to make sure that I am prepared for each one His way!! How am I able to maintain this crazy schedule from 6:30AM til sometimes 10PM every night of the week and weekends are even more jammed packed? God sustains me through it all!! I literally carve out time to spend with Him!! The Holy Spirit needs to be filled and my heart needs to be in the right spot to serve God, His children, and the lost!!

i have learned several ways to carve time out for God through out my day!! I used to be surrounded by God's Word in my little cube (my new desk has Scripture on it). Now I get to listen to worship music all day long!! my dear sister gave me an MP3 player for my birthday and loaded sermons on it for me to listen to - whenever! I have a devotional in the bathroom! I have a Bible on my desk! Another devotional on the work bench, and I have just purchased another Bible study series to work on in my quiet time. My eldest son has to read 30 minutes each day - guess what he reads - the New Testament! My younger son wants to be home schooled, so we have home school Bible lessons after he goes to public school. And this all happens outside of the Bible studies that I attend or host.

I am eating and satisfying my hunger for God's Word, drinking in time with Him, and talking with Him all day long!! I remember I used to wait until I had a few hours to do my Bible study homework (which rarely happened) I would push the boys away when I wanted my quiet time, just reading His Word, because they distracted me. God does not want me to wait until I think I have time, He wants to be with me NOW! In my everyday run of the mill routine. He wants to be the focus of my life and whole day. He wants to saturate every part of my being, and I welcome His type of immersion!!! As a result of keeping open lines of communication with Him, the Holy Spirit inside me is always fed, ready and willing to serve where ever God calls us!!

Honestly, it isn't "always", there are days that I desire more Jesus than other days, but I think that the events of the day are what depict my level of craving. There are days where I don't want to see anyone - I want to be with God and only God for hours, until I am able to face the public. Its like i am either healing from an event or God is preparing me for something!! Either way, I love how He clears my schedule so that we can have that face time!!!

No comments: