Monday, June 2, 2008

Forgiveness

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.



Psalm 32:1



Thank You for giving me relief that my sins are forgiven and remembered no more. Amen.



<><



There are 2 very distinct points God has laid on my heart – I hope this makes sense!



I remember taking a long time to forgive those who have hurt me the deepest. Those wounds have taken a lot to heal – and some God and I are still dealing with – but at least they are dressed and under proper medical supervision. Sometimes people don’t even realize that they have hurt another, and if they do realize it may not register how deeply the injury may be. From a broken perspective, I know how angry, vengeful and resentful I was. And it took a lot to not guard myself from risk of another injury when I had to deal with that individual. I have to pray that my heart would not grow cold, and to forget the transgression and begin with a fresh slate. My mind likes to keep bringing up the past, especially when I am in an emotional state. Having an open like with God, resting in His wisdom, has helped me get through some rough situations.



I know that I probably hurt my kids more than anyone else on the planet. This is sad, because I love them more than anyone else on the planet. God has revealed a lot to me lately – and it is not necessarily a pretty picture. How often do we forgive and forget our friend’s transgressions, and not our spouses or children? God knows that we have some work to do – so I have invited Him in to help me to work these out His way!



Nothing like diving right into a heart issue! Try to be honest with yourself.

No comments: