Monday, June 2, 2008

Mercy

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me and answer me.



Psalm 27:7



Lord, I don’t pray for tranquility, or that my problems may cease; I pray that Your Spirit and love would give me the strength to abide in You during adversity. Amen.



<><



How true is this? I remember being in the midst of a storm, crying out to God, and I wasn’t asking for the storm to stop – I was crying out for help to get through the storm. Then as I felt the Holy Spirit moving within me, and as I grew stronger, I was able to ask for the tools to further His kingdom. What was the last storm you were in – maybe you are in it right now – what are you praying for? He is my Refuge, my Rock, and my Savior!! I don’t need anything else; I would not want anything that does not come of Him.

No comments: