Monday, April 21, 2008

Bearing Burdens

February 19, 2008 – Tuesday



Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.



Galatians 6:2



Lord, I want to be sensitive to the pain in others. Give me empathy to carry their burdens. Amen.



<><



I do know that when someone shares a trial with me – I am usually deeply moved by the trial – and I am honored that they trusted me enough to share their experience with me. Sometimes the Holy Spirit leads me to say something, but majority of the time I just listen. Every moment like that should be taken seriously, but also delicately. That individual is hurt and vulnerable…crying out for comfort. The last thing that they need is a lecture, or worldly advice.



I am still learning about keeping my mouth shut until God tells me otherwise – so please forgive me if I have ever not been comforting in a time of need – I just didn’t know any better (I don’t want to make excuses for myself either).



I love you all!!! God thank You for blessing me with Your wonderful children!!!!

No comments: