Monday, April 21, 2008

Speaking in Love

December 10th 2007 – Monday



He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life.



Proverbs 13:3



O Lord, life is too short to be rude. Help me to be courteous to those around me today. Amen.



<><



Ephesians 4:29-32

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.



So very often we are in situations where in God’s light has an opportunity to shine and our flesh takes over and blows the opportunity to smithereens!! I did this recently, I could have agreed with Jordan, but I didn’t I took the route of comparing 2 of God’s children on the basis of outward beauty. I should have known better, and I had no place judging another by a picture, and what a great achievement that my sons witnessed by their mother – it was one of those moments you wish you could wipe from everyone’s memory and sink into a corner. I felt that I had done wrong – after the fact – and tried to cover it up too – explain my way out of it – it was just horribly bad!!!



I then confessed my sin to the people involved and apologized. I have confessed to God and asked for forgiveness of my sin. I needed that time to pray, and ask the Holy Spirit to keep a watchful eye on the words/thoughts about others. I also had to thank God for this learning experience and further strengthening of our relationship. Granted, this reprimand is not fun, but I think I have learned enough about God to know this is one way that He draws me closer. This is a way for our communication to remain open and free flowing and it is a reminder that I am dependant on Him. Jesus had to shed His blood so that I may be saved, and to receive His grace and forgiveness is amazing.



Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: