Monday, April 21, 2008

Discipline

December 11th 2007 – Tuesday



Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge.



Proverbs 12:1



Give me a trusting heart Lord and the wisdom to depend only upon You. Amen.



<><



Hebrews 12:4-11

4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."[a]

7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5



I love how God’s Word reinforces God’s love for us, and gives us clear expressions of His love for us. As a parent, I have expectations for my boys because I know what they are capable of. I believe that attitude makes a big difference in the disciplining process – if Jordan is still very upset, he is not going to hear a single word I say – but if I allow him time to cool off and then approach him, I am apt to discover the root cause of the issue. Same with me and God – He knows when I am open to listening and taking His instruction to heart, thus a lasting change is made and I am usually grateful for His eye opening experience. He is equipping me for something special, He has carefully blessed me with talents to accomplish this goal, and each time I am disciplined, I know that I am that much closer to the finish line. And pleasing my Heavenly Father, walking on the path He chose for me, and helping/loving others along the way is so very exciting for me.



Have you tried to see your life from a different perspective lately? You might be interested to see what God reveals to you!!!!



Have a safe day!!!

No comments: