Monday, April 21, 2008

The Word is God

December 17th 2007 – Monday



In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.



John 1:1



You, Lord Jesus, are the Supreme Authority; my soul praises You. Amen.



<><



Do you remember the first time that you realized that God’s Truth, His Word, Holy Scripture is ALIVE? It is pretty amazing when the Holy Spirit moves within you. I try to pray before even opening the Bible for the Holy Spirit to prepare my heart for God’s Word. I believe that this is an important step before partaking in God’s Word. I love inviting God into a time of devotion and meditation; I seem to get more out of it.



Have you ever been rushed but you did not want to give up your time with God? So you are sitting there trying very hard to concentrate and your mind is really thinking about all the stuff you have to do before running out the door. I have done his many times – kid needs to get dressed, lunch packed, car warmed up, other kid wake up for school, purse, phone, coffee, etc!!! That is why we need to have a block of time dedicated to God for this purpose and it really depends on your personal schedules.



Oh Heavenly Father, thank You so very much for all that You reveal to me as I spend time with You. You bring so many lessons to light, and I am able to understand the message and take it to heart. I love learning about You and all that You have done for me. You are a wonderful giver and great at handling situations!!! God I ask You to help me to concentrate on You more often - I don’t do it enough – worldly things seem to spring up at the most inopportune times. Lord, I pray that I am able to devote time to You and I am able to handle situations quickly and the way You desire so that I am able to take the time to be with You. In Jesus Precious Name. Amen.

No comments: