Friday, April 18, 2008

Light vs. Darkness

March 30, 2008 – Sunday

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehend it not.

John 1:5

Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness… - Mother Teresa

<><

This is very true and a good reminder to all God’s children! How many times a day – that you recall – did you restrain the Holy Spirit’s direction and closed yourself off and allowed yourself to wallow in the world for a minute? I have noticed that it takes some effort for me to withstand the Will of God. I get very uncomfortable when I am around something that I am not supposed to participate in. Then when I do not stand for Christ – I feel like a failure and run to Him in prayer and ask for forgiveness. It is like I make a conscious choice not to stop a conversation that my “friends” are having – or I feel out numbered – or I think I know what the outcome will be – etc. Then the Holy Spirit grieves for me. Wow – self reflection stings!

O God, please give me the courage to stand for You – in any situation that I am faced with. I know that I had to fail in order You to reveal this section that requires You help to grow and mature in You. God, help me not to allow fear to hinder the work that You are doing within me. And then give me the opportunities to express Your ways to those around me. I need to practice and make it right. Thank You so very much for the love that You shower me with, and the Grace that covers me completely. In Jesus Precious and Holy Name. Amen.

No comments: