Monday, April 21, 2008

Meditation

December 3rd 2007 – Monday



My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.



Psalm 104:34



Father, may today be exciting, as You can make everyday things special. Take full control of my life and make it joyous! Amen.



<><



I think that God has blessed with seeing what He makes exciting in my everyday life – what do you think? LOL!!



I have said this before “If you are not having fun, what is the point of doing something?” Now, allow me to define fun for you: it is anything that brings you any kind or amount of enjoyment. For instance, I enjoy reading God’s Word; sometimes I am very intently studying it because I am interested in the topic I am learning about. This brings me closer to God and understanding Him better, I am ecstatic when God’s Word speaks to me, and therefore – FUN!!! I also have fun singing and praising God through music. I also have fun at the grocery store – all the possibilities. I have a blast taking the boys hiking at Starved Rock – reminds me of the Philippines. Oh, talk about bringing me closer to God – that would be my ultimate fun package galore!! Me, my boys, God’s Word surrounded by God’s wonderful creation – Heaven!!! Granted God’s beauty is everywhere we look – but I really like it better when the trees grow where God planted them instead of some high priced landscape artist.



Who has seen the movie “Cars” – there is a scene wherein “Stickers” learns about Carburetor County’s history. He begins to realize how special it is and why the people don’t leave this little town. You are able to see for a moment what the land looked like before the new interstate was built. Sometimes it is great to take the fast and direct route to get to your destination, but when it comes to life it is really important to enjoy the journey.



Oh God, we rush and rush always thinking that when we get caught up we will stop to smell the roses. God remove this instinct in me, I want to absorb Your Word and have You apply it to my life. I want to cherish the children You blessed me with as I am responsible for their growth and development. I want to spend the moments You provide with Your children, for encouragement, support and love. I want to make sure that the time I spend on this earth brings You honor and glory. You are my focus, as long as I keep my eyes on You everything else will fall into place according to Your will. Please help me to take the time to spend time with You deliberately. Help me to recognize the evil one at work in my life so I am not lead astray. Oh Heavenly Father, help me to pray the way I am supposed to, time always seems to be a constraint, reveal the balance so that I am able to devote this time with You. There are so many that I want to pray for properly, there are activities that I know You are drawing me toward, help me to realize the steps and growth that You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.



Love you all,

No comments: