Monday, April 21, 2008

Casting Your Cares

January 6, 2008 – Sunday



Casting all you care upon Him, for He careth for you.



1 Peter 5:7



Father, light up the small duties of this day. May they shine with the beauty of Your presence. May I find glory in the small common tasks before me. Amen.



<><



The first thought that comes to mind about “Casting my cares” usually is directed to all the irritating and frustrating things in my life. These are not limited to financial issues, working relationships, or even Jordan and James misbehaving. I have also cast some of the most wonderful blessings upon Him, namely my boys – He can care for them through out the day and night where I am unable to, He is able to call them and work within there heart where ever they are, He is the only one I trust completely with my children!!! Sometimes I am so filled with love for them that I honestly think my heart is going to explode! Knowing this feeling, I wonder if it is how God feels for each of His children. Granted God’s version of this feeling is magnified many times over, and the last thing I want to do is trivialize His feelings. But as we grow in Him, we are molded to be more like Christ, right? So, I am curious if this is a human dose of what God feels for me?



Heavenly Father, You have given me so very much, I am truly blessed by You. I am very thankful for our relationship and I continue to hunger and thirst for You. God, as I am drawn closer to You I continue to have Your truths revealed, which puts my mind, heart and soul at ease. I am so excited that You are interested in each and every aspect of my life and I invite You in to begin working where I need improvement. God, You have brought me down a wonderful path, I enjoy speaking with You and fellowshipping with Your children. Please continue to give me opportunities to introduce You to the lost, and supporting Your children along the way. In Jesus Precious Name. Amen.

No comments: