Friday, April 18, 2008

Last Supper

March 4, 2008 – Tuesday

Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, he said, Take, eat: this is my body. And He took the cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them: and they all drank of it.

Mark 14:22-23

I humbly come before You Lord, in remembrance of Your sacrifice for me. Amen.

<><

The Lord's Supper
12On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus' disciples asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"
13So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. 14Say to the owner of the house he enters, 'The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' 15He will show you a large upper room, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there."
16The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.
17When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve. 18While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me."
19They were saddened, and one by one they said to him, "Surely not I?"
20"It is one of the Twelve," he replied, "one who dips bread into the bowl with me. 21The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."
22While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body."
23Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.
24"This is my blood of the[b] covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them. 25"I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."
26When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

O Heavenly Father, I come humbly before Your throne – in complete reverence and gratefulness!!! You are so merciful and gracious!!! My human heart and brain can’t comprehend the sacrifice that You and Jesus had to suffer in order that I may know who You are and develop a relationship with You. I appreciate all that You have done to draw me closer to You and thank You for the precious gift of Jesus. He walked this earth for me – I am not worthy of such a wonderful gift – I love You so very much. In Jesus most Precious, Glorious, Merciful and Mighty Name. Amen.

No comments: