Friday, April 18, 2008

Refuge

March 24, 2008 – Monday

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

Nahum 1:7

Thank You Lord, that when trouble comes, I can turn to You for help. Amen.

<><

The word refuge is listed 95 times in the Bible (NIV) – that seems like a lot. In all honesty how often do you use God as your refuge? Probably not often enough…as humans we tend to rely on our own understanding; maybe it is from past experiences where God showed you the direction He desired you to take. Never the less each new situation is to draw us closer to God, not necessarily walking on our own.

2 Samuel 22:3 (Whole Chapter) my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn [ Horn here symbolizes strength. ] of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent men you save me.
2 Samuel 22:31 (Whole Chapter) "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 2:12 (Whole Chapter) Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 5:11 (Whole Chapter) But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 7:1 (Whole Chapter) [ A shiggaion [ Title: Probably a literary or musical term] of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning Cush, a Benjamite. ] O LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
Psalm 9:9 (Whole Chapter) The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble
Psalm 14:6 (Whole Chapter) You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the LORD is their refuge.
Psalm 16:1 (Whole Chapter) [ A miktam of David. [ Title: Probably a literary or musical term ] ] Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge
Psalm 17:7 (Whole Chapter) Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Psalm 18:2 (Whole Chapter) The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn [ Horn here symbolizes strength. ] of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:30 (Whole Chapter) As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 25:20 (Whole Chapter) Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
Psalm 31:1 (Whole Chapter) [ For the director of music. A psalm of David. ] In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
Psalm 31:2 (Whole Chapter) Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
Psalm 31:4 (Whole Chapter) Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.
Psalm 31:19 (Whole Chapter) How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
Psalm 34:8 (Whole Chapter) Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34:22 (Whole Chapter) The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 36:7 (Whole Chapter) How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find [ Or love, O God / Men find ; or love / Both heavenly beings and men / find ] refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 37:40 (Whole Chapter) The LORD helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.
Psalm 46:1 (Whole Chapter) [ For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A song. [ Title: Probably a musical term ] ] God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 57:1 (Whole Chapter) [ For the director of music. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." Of David. A miktam . When he had fled from Saul into the cave. [ Title: Probably a literary or musical term ] ] Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
Psalm 59:16 (Whole Chapter) But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 61:3 (Whole Chapter) For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
Psalm 61:4 (Whole Chapter) I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah
Psalm 62:7 (Whole Chapter) My salvation and my honor depend on God [ Or / God Most High is my salvation and my honor ] ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Psalm 62:8 (Whole Chapter) Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah
Psalm 64:10 (Whole Chapter) Let the righteous rejoice in the LORD and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him!
Psalm 71:1 (Whole Chapter) In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.
Psalm 71:3 (Whole Chapter) Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71:7 (Whole Chapter) I have become like a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge.
Psalm 73:28 (Whole Chapter) But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
Psalm 91:2 (Whole Chapter) I will say [ Or He says ] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:4 (Whole Chapter) He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:9 (Whole Chapter) If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
Psalm 94:22 (Whole Chapter) But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.
Psalm 104:18 (Whole Chapter) The high mountains belong to the wild goats; the crags are a refuge for the coneys. [ That is, the hyrax or rock badger ] Psalm 118:8 (Whole Chapter) It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
Psalm 118:9 (Whole Chapter) It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes.
Psalm 119:114 (Whole Chapter) You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
Psalm 141:8 (Whole Chapter) But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.
Psalm 142:4 (Whole Chapter) Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.
Psalm 142:5 (Whole Chapter) I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."
Psalm 144:2 (Whole Chapter) He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples [ Many manuscripts of the Masoretic Text, Dead Sea Scrolls, Aquila, Jerome and Syriac; most manuscripts of the Masoretic Text subdues my people ] under me.
Proverbs 10:29 (Whole Chapter) The way of the LORD is a refuge for the righteous, but it is the ruin of those who do evil.
Proverbs 14:26 (Whole Chapter) He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:32 (Whole Chapter) When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge.
Proverbs 22:3 (Whole Chapter) A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
Proverbs 27:12 (Whole Chapter) The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
Proverbs 30:5 (Whole Chapter) "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Jeremiah 16:19 (Whole Chapter) O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good.
Jeremiah 17:17 (Whole Chapter) Do not be a terror to me; you are my refuge in the day of disaster.
Joel 3:16 (Whole Chapter) The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the sky will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.
Nahum 1:7 (Whole Chapter) The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

No comments: