Monday, April 21, 2008

Responding to Those in Need

December 16th 2007 – Sunday



I go…unto God my exceeding joy…upon the harp will I praise Thee…Why art thou cast down, O my soul? ...hope in God.



Psalm 43:4-5



Father, give me Your heart and use me to reach out to someone in need. To some, this season brings much loneliness and pain. Lead me to the ones who need to experience the joy of Your companionship. Amen.



<><



Psalm 43:4-5:

4 Then will I go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the harp,
O God, my God.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Pretty powerful message, don’t you think?



Oh Heavenly Father please prepare my heart to be sensitive to those around me. Lord, please provide the wisdom and words to help them along, drawing them closer to You. Lord I pray for the families that are hurting and struggling right now with questions and doubts. Please send Your peace to them so that they have the opportunity to celebrate Jesus’ birth. Remind them that You provide everything that we could possibly need and help them lay their trust in You. You are in control of my life and I give You Jordan and James to protect and love. You do a better job than I could. Lord draw them closer to You and teach them Your ways. In Jesus’ precious name. Amen.



Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: