Monday, April 21, 2008

Speaking in Love

February 21, 2008 – Thursday



Let your speech be always with grace…that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.



Colossians 4: 6



Father, I often speak without thinking. Help me to guard my words and to speak in love to those I care about. Amen.



<><



OK – I know that there are times wherein I allow emotions get the better of me and I loose it. Jordan, James and I then get to have a time out and then we are able to exercise civilized discussion and forgiveness for one another. I have found that I tend to be more guarded with my words and thoughts when I am at work or around people other than my kids. Could it be that I know that my boys love me without a shadow of a doubt? Or am I more relaxed when I am with them? I do know that I am sometimes more honest with them than I will admit to outsiders. Is that because the relationship with someone outside of my family unit requires development? Hmmmmmm…Who are you the most honest with? God, of course – but if you needed to name a person, who would they be? Granted, honesty is extremely important in every aspect of a developing relationship – but the mode of revealing that honesty must be delivered in love!!!!

No comments: