Monday, April 21, 2008

Speaking in Love

February 15, 2008 – Friday



Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my Redeemer.



Psalm 19:14



Let me speak kind words, Lord, so that I may hear kind echoes. Amen.



<><



OK, so I am having mixed emotions on this one. I am a firm believer of being kind and considerate, but not at the expense of Truth. Some of you may have read “Grace and Truth Paradox” by Randy Alcorn. In this book he explains that we must incorporate both of these aspects into our lives – if we are truly going to be good representatives of Christ. One of the illustrations he uses is a bird – one wing is Grace and the other is Truth – you need both in order to fly. I know that balancing the two is difficult and God has presented situations wherein I pray feverishly before I even think about opening my mouth. I don’t want anything that I may say be misconstrued or misunderstood, but I don’t want those words to be harsh or unloving. Interesting, isn’t it!!!!!



Oh Heavenly Father, You are just Magnificent in all that You do. I know that there are times wherein I have not guarded my tongue and created a mess. God please help me to deliver Your messages the way You intend them to be heard. You are so very loving – even when I am being disciplined – and I do not want to misrepresent You in any way. I want You to receive all the honor and glory!!!! Lord, please let me just rest in Your presence as I continue to hunger for more of You. In Jesus Precious Name. Amen.



Love you all!!!!

No comments: