Friday, April 18, 2008

Understanding

March 17, 2008 – Monday

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

O Lord, help me to put aside my selfish desires and trust You completely. Amen.

<><

This can be a very difficult lesson to learn – I know that it is one that creeps up from time to time. I have a tendency to be a control freak – and God really has done some wonders with the worrying, and double checking everything, tracking movements to ensure that things were progressing like they are supposed to, and then making adjustments accordingly, and so on…

I am really more relaxed now and able to give that time to God and my kids. Stress is such a bad word – especially when it interferes with our relationships with one another. It is really hard to love well when you are just irritable all the time. Who wants to live life like that – turn it over to God and then let the blessings flow!!!!

Love you!!!

No comments: