Friday, April 18, 2008

One and Only God

April 1, 2008 – Tuesday

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord He is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Deuteronomy 4:39

Thank You for being the one true God. Let there be no other “gods” in my life that distract me from You. Amen.

<><

What are the things that you are placing before your relationship with God? Work, home, family, material possessions, addictions, friends, TV, video games, or are you just plain tired and go to sleep? I can tell you that there are some changes in my life that I would love to make, but the time to do it just doesn’t seem to be there. Or I start out good will wonderful energy and momentum, and then something happens and takes my time away. I always tell myself “once I get done with this” and “as soon as things settle down” but they never do, thus I don’t get the time I desire with God. Me running on my own understanding, with His Spirit depleted within me, and surrounded by the world is not a pretty sight. All the symptoms of withdrawal are what me and the people around me experience and the Holy Spirit grieves within me. If this is how you are feeling – please take the Bible with you through your day – you never know when you will have a moment where God gives you peace to meet with Him.

Love you!!

No comments: