Friday, April 18, 2008

He is Risen!

April 4, 2008 – Friday

Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: He is risen; He is not here: behold the place where they laid Him.

Mark 16:6

Lives again our glorious King…
Where, O death, is thy string…
Dying only He all doth save…
Where thy victory, O grave?
Charles Wesley

<><

Preparing for the celebration of Easter is something I do with great joy, not that I rejoice in the pain Jesus suffered, but I am very thankful that He did go through that for me. Without the death there would be no resurrection. And what a magnificent resurrection it was. Just completely Awesome!!! Hopefully it is an event that you carry close to you all year round.

My son, James, was listening to a conversation that Jordan and I were having about God and Jesus. Anyway, James pipes up and states “Jesus is Alive!” and “He lives in my heart!” WOW!! Jordan and I were dumb struck in amazement. That changed the course of our conversation!! God is so wonderful to use the youngest of hearts!! I pray that He will use me today – to drive His point home to someone He is drawing closer.

No comments: